About The Central Library
K.V.G College of Engineering Library was started at Polytechnic building under the name of KVG. Initially set up in 1986, the Central Library moved to Engineering College in 1990.The KVGCE library consists of a Central Library and six departmental libraries which collectively support the teaching, Research and extension programmes of the institute. The library provides a wide range of books which include university prescribed text books and reference materials on engineering, science and humanities offers library services through its various Divisions. It’s collection of about 60933 volumes and 27500 Titles, above 6000 print/online scholarly journals are used by more than 1200 members and others. Library is also an active member of VTU Consortium, DELNET and National Digital Library.
Library aims to be best among engineering college libraries in the country. Library intends to incorporate the latest technology and adopt user friendly approach towards students and faculty. Library intends to offer comprehensive services related to dissemination of knowledge.
The Library's mission is to provide comprehensive resources and services in support of the research, teaching, and learning needs of the faculty and students of the institute and provides an efficient dissemination of knowledge.