Mr. Bhaskar S Belegadde
BA, M.PEd, M.Phil, M.A,.(PhD)
It is important to distinguish between an "active sports" - a sport that a person exercises for her/his health, fun and recreation.
Sport is all forms competitive physical activity which, through casual or organised participation, aim to use, maintain or improve physical fitness and provide entertainment to participants. Hundreds of sports exist, from those requiring only two participants, through to those with hundreds of simultaneous participants, either in teams or competing as individuals.
Sport is generally recognized as activities which are based in physical athleticism or physical dexterity, with the largest major competitions such as the Olympic Games admitting only sports meeting this definition, however, a number of competitive, but non-physical, activities claim recognition as mind sports.
Sports are usually governed by a set of rules or customs, which serve to ensure fair competition, and allow consistent adjudication of the winner. Winning can by determined by physical events such as scoring goals or crossing a line first, or by the determination of judges who are scoring elements of the sporting performance, including objective or subjective measures such as technical performance or artistic impression.
In addition, sport is a major source of entertainment for non-participants, with spectator sports drawing large crowds to venues, and reaching wider audiences through sports broadcasting.
A game is a structured or semi-structured activity, usually undertaken for enjoyment and sometimes also used as an educational tool, and generally distinct from work or duty. Key components of games, including sports, are goals, rules, challenge, and interactivity. Games generally involve mental or physical stimulation, and often both. Many games help develop practical skills, serve as a form of exercise, or otherwise perform an educational, social,simulational or psychological role.
- Appointed as a Manager for South Zone HOCKEY (MEN) tournament held in Chidambaram Annamalai University (TN)-by Karnataka University 1999-00.During M. PEd course.
- Appointed as a coach for All India CROSS COUNTRY RACE (MEN&WOMAN) tournament held in AMBERNATH University (MH)-by VTU Belgaum 2005-06.
- Appointed as a coach for South Zone KABADDI TEAM (MEN) tournament held in KARNATAK University (KARNATAKA)-by RGUHS Bangalore 2006.
- Attended Inter National conference 2006 at Manipal.
- Appointed as a selection committee member for VTU ATHLETIC TEAM- by VTU Belgaum.2005-06
- Appointed as a selection committee member for RGUHS Kabaddi Team- by RGUHS Bangalore. Nov 2007
- Appointed as a selection committee member for VTU Shuttle Badminton Team- by RGUHS Bangalore. Nov 2007
- Appointed as a selection committee member for VTU Hockey Team- VTU Belgaum. April 2007
- Appointed as a selection committee member for VTU Hockey Team- VTU Belgaum. April 2008
- Appointed as a selection committee member for VTU Weight Lifting, Power Lifting and Best Physique Team - by VTU Belgaum.2008-09.
- Appointed as a coach for South, East and West zonal Kho-Kho(WOMAN) tournament held in RTM University Nagpur(MH)-by VTU Belgaum 2009.
- Appointed as a selection committee member for VTU Volley Ball Team - by VTU Belgaum.2008-09.
- Appointed as a selection committee member for VTU Cricket Team - by VTU Belgaum.2009-10.
- I have conducted various Zonal and Inter zonal Games and Sports under institutions like Cross Country race, shuttle, Table tennis, Yogasana, Kho-Kho, Chess, Foot Ball, and Basket ball.
- Appointed as a selection committee member for VTU zonal Cricket Team - by VTU Belgaum.2010-11.
- Appointed as a Manager V T U WRESTLING MEN Team, All India Tournament held in Rajasthan University Jaipur by VTU Belgaum 2010-11
Sports and Games Activities:
- Our students participated in intercollegiate festival “GAMEATHON” on 5th and 6th October 2018 at VCET, Puttur and bagged several prizes in the competition.
Lagori – 1st Prize, Cricket, Tresure hunt, Solo dance and Photograph competition – 2nd Prize and won overall championship.
- Meghana T N has secured 3rd place in Judo (+ 48 kg) in the intercollegiate competition held at Sapthagiri College of Engineering, Bengaluru from 15th to 17th October 2018.
- Our students participated in intercollegiate VTU athletic meet held at S.J.C.I.T, Chikballapur from 25th to 29th October 2018.
- Ms. Madhushree VI sem. mechanical has selected for VTU Hockey team and she has participated in South zone inter university tournament at Alagappa University, Karaikudi from 28-11-2018 to 02-12-2018.
- Hockey team participated on 5th and 9th March 2019 at Manipal University, Manipal.
- Cricket team participated in the tournament on 13th March 2019 organised at Sahyadri Institute of Technology, Mangaluru.
- Organized college athletic meet on 16-03-2019. Mr. Puneeth K, 4th sem. Mechanical and Ms. Deeksha K B, 6th sem. E&C became the individual champion in Men and Women section respectively.
- Football team participated in the tournament held on 21st and 22nd March 2019 at NMAMIT, Nitte, intercollegiate Mangaluru zone Football tournament.
- Organized V-8 Inter-branch Cricket tournament on 5th and 6th April 2019. Sri Aravind Bolar, Cine Actor, Tulu Film Industry inaugurated the tournament. Student association president team was the winners and 6th semester E&C team bagged 2nd prize.
- Hockey team participated in the tournament held on 11th and 12th April 2019 at NMAMIT, Nitte.
- Ms. Madhushree of 6th sem. Mechanical Engineering participated in selection and trails for VTU hockey team on 29th & 30th March 2018.
- Mangaluru zone Kabaddi tournament on 27th and 28th April 2018 at VCET, Puttur. Our college team played in quarter final against Alvas Engineering College, Moodbidri. Scored point 17-26.
- Organized college athletic meet 21-02-2017. Mr. Vineeth Kumar, 2nd sem. Civil Engineering and Miss. H G Aishwarya, 6th sem. IS&E became the individual champion in Men and Women section respectively.
- 2nd place in Hockey at Manipal National Level Sports and Cultural Revel’s tournament held from 8th to 12th March 2017.
- 2nd place in Cricket tournament held at Prasanna Engineering College, Ujire from 9th to 11th March 2017.
- Hockey team won the 1st place in VTU Mangaluru zone tournament held on 7th and 8th April 2017 at NMAMIT, Nitte.
- Foot ball team won the 2nd place in VTU Mangaluru zone tournament held on 5th and 6th April 2017 at PACE, Mangaluru.
- College cricket team participated VTU Mangaluru zone on 23rd and 24th March 2017 at P.A. College of Engineering, Mangaluru.
- Kabaddi team participated in VTU Mangaluru Zone tournament held at Srinivas Institute of Technology, Mangaluru on 29th and 30th April 2019.