1. Department of Chemistry and Department of Mechanical Engineering jointly organized 3rd National Conference on " Emerging Trends in Materials for Advanced Technology " (NETMAT) on 20th & 21st March 2012 at KVG College of Engineering, Sullia, D.K.
2. Department of Chemistry & Department of Mechanical Engineering jointly organized a National Conference on "Advances in New Engineering Materials and Characterization" (AMC 2010) on 28th December 2010.
3. VTU has sanctioned a research grant of Rs. 8 lakhs for the research project entitled "Conductometric and Ultrasonic Investigations on Benzoic Acid and Oxalic Acid in Protic Solvent Mixtures under Varying Conditions" to Dr. H. R. Shivakumar as the Principal Investigator & Mrs. Surekha M. as Co-investigator.
4. Vision Group of Science and Technology, Govt. of Karnataka & VTU has sanctioned Rs. 1.54 lakhs to the Department of Chemistry for the conduction of 3 days faculty development program on "Specialty Polymers for Engineering and Biomedical Applications". The program will be held on 24th, 25th & 26th of March 2011 at KVG College of Engg., Sullia.
5. The Department has under taken consultancy work for water quality analysis of water sample collected from Kushalnagar for SELCO SOLAR LIGHT PRIVATE LIMITED, Sullia.